Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Ocean in the Philippines / My Vacation with my Parents

The Ocean in the Philippines
and
My Vacation with my Parents

By Philip
April 6, 2006

On February 27, 2006 my mom, dad and I (Philip) went to the Philippines and we got to sleep at my cousins’ house. The night we arrived, I spent time with my cousins. We played on the computer and they helped me learn a game that I didn’t know. And we had lots of fun. I had to wait a few days to go to the beach. I couldn’t wait.

To get to the beach, first we took a taxi to a port where we got on a big boat. We were on the boat for a day and a half. There were many beds in one big room - a different kind of bed than we have in the U.S. They had movies, video games, and breakfast, lunch and dinner on the boat. They also had little shops where my mom bought sweet bread for us to eat.

When we got off the boat, we had to take another boat, but it was small. We were on that boat for about one hour. It was still sunny after that, so me and my dad went to a restaurant on the beach. My dad had a mango shake and I had a chocolate shake. I felt great to get out of that big boat and the shakes were delicious.















In a few days, we went on a little boat trip. It was a beautiful view from the boat. We went snorkeling, and when we went into the water we saw magnificent underwater sea creatures. I met a new friend and when he went snorkeling with me, he got me a blue starfish and some red and white coral. I never saw white coral before. My friend’s name is Nilo. I don’t know if he’s a teenager or a kid. Nilo has a different color from me and he’s not really taller than me. He’s nice, strong and handsome. Nilo is a nice guy but I only got to see him once. We played a lot and had fun.














After the boat trip, we went back to the hotel and rested for a little while, then we went outside to see the sunset. My mom, my dad and I sat on a bench on the sand facing the ocean. It was wonderful. The sunset colors were orange, yellow and red. I sometimes imagined the sun was a ball and I could bounce it all the way to the top of the clouds.

I hope you liked reading this story about my ocean. And also, I hope you can go to the Philippines too, so you can have fun and enjoy resting in the sun, going on boat trips, swimming, snorkeling, finding coral and starfish, drinking delicious shakes, and making new friends.

5 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Philip,

What an amazing trip. I hope I'm lucky enough to take a trip like that some day!

Mrs. Holiday

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Academy Kids said...

I have great feelings reading your story. I felt that I was there looking at that beautiful night.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an excellent report Mr. Phillip! Very well written. Love, Mr. Good Egg

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly enjoyed hearing about your trip. You gave great discriptions, I felt like I was there also.
Love You, Aunt Polly

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Philip,
Iwas blessed to have a kid like you Mr.Philip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home